Beloved in the Lord Feedback is very important because it encourages the believers when they see or hear about the mighty work of their Lord. And though we know that God is always at work, it is something special to hear from our brothers and sisters about what He was doing in their lives. It is also important to see Jesus glorified; all what the Holy Spirit does is to do just that. When you inform us about what the Lord did in your life, then OTHERS could rejoice with you…and glorify the Lord. We encourage you to let us know about what was happening in your life and how the Lord touched or spoken to you. If you experience Jesus, let others know it!
## With the continuing oppression of the Kurdish people in Turkey and persecuting everyone who does not support Erdogan, the situation in Turkey is getting worse by the day. Today Thursday, 23rd of March we ask for prayers and proclaim justice upon the whole country; please join our prayer and claim justice in Jesus holy name. Share our Feedback with others and use it for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Foreign residents and tourists in Turkey have been explicitly targeted by terrorist organizations for kidnapping and assassination. Please intercede for their protection.
2. In Istanbul, Habib and his wife faithfully minister for the Lord through the publication and sale of Christian books, CD’s and videos. They have one of the largest selections of such materials in the country, but have very limited display space in their small shop. Pray for sufficient income to meet their own needs and also provide a better location to display and market their materials.
3. An Iranian believer in Kırşehir has not only started a Bible study among fellow refugees of his own people group, but also among Afghan refugees as well. The group has grown to at least thirty participants. Intercede for a radical work of God in the hearts of all involved. A number have recently been baptized.
Thank you for your prayers and support; remember us everywhere you go.
## Many people in Europe and around the world are wondering about what is happening in Turkey, especially after its direct intervention in the war in Syria and occupying territory both in Iraq and Syria. Now after the last row with the Netherlands and the threats to take ‘drastic measures’ and the closure of the Embassy of the Netherlands, more questions are raised. Today Saturday, 12th of March we want to share this information with you and asking for your prayers, because Turkey always used its Turkish citizens living abroad for political reasons and to blackmail the host countries. Please pray for the work among those Turks living in Scandinavia and other countries; ask the Lord to open their eyes to the Gospel of Peace and to reveal Himself to them. Pray that they’ll be aware of the evil intentions of the Turkish government, but also to assimilate and respect the country hosting and its law. Thank you for your prayers.
1. Sweden has received more migrants per capita than any other European nation, and is home to an estimated 230,000 Turks. Pray that this sizeable community will be effectively reached with the Gospel of Peace and that many would come to the Lord. We understand there is at least one small congregation of Turkish Christians in the Sweden.
2. An estimated 80,000 Turks currently live in Denmark and 19,000 in
Norway. Although there may be some Christian converts, we have not heard of any Turkish congregations in these countries. Please pray for effective outreach among
them and the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
3. Volunteers are now sending Gospel Letters to numerous Turkish households in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Pray that those receiving these letters will come under the loving conviction of the Holy Spirit and turn to Christ. In addition to presenting the Gospel in their language, the letters list Websites where they can view Turkish Christian television broadcasts, study Christian topics, participate in
a Chat-room, and order a free New Testament.
## The confusing new from Turkey but also about it is obscuring the real picture of the situation there, but we from ICOM continue praying. Today Friday, 3rd of March we want to share THIS kind of news with you asking for your prayers.
Beloved in Jesus,
1. According to the Association of Protestant Churches of Turkey, in the past four years more than 100 foreign Protestants have had to discontinue meaningful service in the country because their visas or residence permits were not extended. Many were involved in relief efforts among refugees. Please ask for God’s intervention in this matter.
2. The Gülen movement is an international organization led by Fethullah Gülen, a Muslim Imam who has lived in the US since fleeing prosecution in Turkey in 1999. During his alliance with President Erdoğan, hundreds of Gülen supporters were appointed to positions within the Turkish government. The movement gained significant influence in the Turkish military, police forces, and judiciary. After a falling out between Erdoğan and Gülen, Turkish authorities classified the movement as a terrorist organization. The government blamed the coup attempt of last July on Gülen and arrested thousands of soldiers and judges for alleged affiliation with his organization. Pray for the protection of innocent parties caught in the middle of this power struggle.
3. Radio Shema plays a vital role in sharing the love of Christ with close to 10 million of the 80 million people of Turkey through FM broadcasts. Ask for God’s continued blessing on this outreach…and for more hearts to be open to the Gospel of Peace.
Thank you for your prayers and support.